Go God on Island Girl 2

Go God on Island Girl 2
Part II

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Prayer Please

So Intercessorys and story followers- 

I am being challenged.
               Island culture like Samoa is not necessarily like Hawaii or California. I went to a meeting and was informed that we will be in huts, mosquitos are very abundant (which they are loving me here in Hawaii already), limited access to internet, bathrooms/showers are detached from our hut, electricity is in few locations, its going to be hot and yet we are called to be modest, covering the shoulders and knees at all times (skirts and short sleeved shirts), unsure  of weather we will be by water, or have any kind of breeze, its humid. Washing clothes by hand, slower pace.
Hot, sticky, very likely irritated with bug bites, different smells, traditions- can I handle these changes?
Yes, beautiful beaches, great fruit and the people I hear are very inviting and loving. 
Being able to teach and hear the word like another DBS is a privilege in order to firm up what I have already learned.
 (here is a map of Samoa) http://www.medicalmissions-samoa.com/samoa%20distance%20map.gif

          Our project is giving birth to a DBS school in a new location. We are doing something that has never been done before. DBS has never gone on outreach and our leaders have their hands open to what the situation is going to be like. There are 25 students signed up so far and some may come from surrounding Islands which means variation in the languages, needing translators. There are many unknowns but God knows what they are and will inform us at the right time.
                  This makes me consider many details. I will have my supplements but possibly not my raw eggs like normal. I’ve had to achieve a certain level of security in my health and will this be sustainable on this island? Can I trust the Lord to provide for my body and sustain? He’s big enough. 
The pervasive mindset is what is mine is yours. Will I handle lack of privacy? If I bring out a snack or game/something everyone is welcomed to it, which will make me lay down my attitude of entitlement (american trait? maybe.) This is mine and you can’t touch it. Is this really mine?   Not exactly Annalyse… Great preparation for having children or even being married eh? Healthy boundaries all in context but they are very relationally oriented with sharing life. Christ came to share eternity. 
What is my ultimate goal in life? To know God and make Him known. He went outside of His comfort zone, can I do the same? I know these are all touchy areas in me that need to be confronted. My goal is to love like Him, to have His image burned inside of me and display His disposition through my actions
***Main issue. I am suppose to buy the ticket this upcoming week but do not have $ yet raised for this trip. Its around 1,200-1,500 for such tickets. How can I, no how is this possible with God?***

My mind has many reasons to go and one of them being the opportunity to be like Christ who went outside of his comfort zone to reach us unlovable people, opportunities to listen and be a better student.  Yet I am human and am counting the cost of what I am stepping into. I have a choice to say no right now I don’t want to suffer if I don’t have to. Yet the point is being with Jesus. If this stretching and challenging will develop deeper intimacy with/dependency on Christ then the point will be accomplished. 

What the worst thing that could happen? I could just not like it and go home. No one is ever a failure for trying. I want to be like Christ, softened, full of grace and truth like my name. How do you become unoffendable? Its by being stretched eh? Join me in prayer for these ideals to be carried out and courage to step out in His will. 3 months of stretching could be just what I need to have a better perspective, practice trusting in Christ and letting His peace guard my heart and mind during this time and for the rest of life. Thank you for reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment